Cloud computing – one of the most in-demand technologies in today’s digital era – offers virtualized services and resources to all organizations. Every business, irrespective of size, leverages cloud computing services to store data and make it accessible anytime, anywhere, via the Internet.
This article will highlight what cloud architecture is, how cloud computing architecture works, its components, and more.
Understanding Cloud Architecture
Several technological components must be combined/integrated to create a cloud – which pools resources using virtualization technology and distributes them all over a network. This process is known as cloud architecture. A cloud architecture consists of the following elements:
- a backend system
- a frontend system
- a network
- a cloud-based delivery system
By integrating their core strengths, these processes generate a cloud computing architecture on which software can run. This enables end users to take advantage of the strength of cloud resources.
What is Cloud Computing Architecture?
Cloud computing architecture is made up of numerous different parts that are required for cloud computing service. A backend platform, a frontend platform, a network, a cloud-based delivery service, and servers are a few parts that make up a cloud architecture.
The client uses the front end, which comes with a client-side interface and application. Meanwhile, the backend component enables users to handle all the resources required for cloud computing services. This cloud architecture component comprises virtual machines, servers, data storage, and more. In our guide, we explain everything there is to know about cloud architecture.
If you want to determine whether cloud computing services are suitable for your business or not, the best solution is to assess their pros and cons. Check this article on the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing to make an informed decision.
Cloud Computing Architecture is divided into two parts, i.e., front-end and back-end.
(Provide an image for front-end and back-end)
- The front end in cloud computing architecture used by the client.
- It contains client-side interfaces and applications that are required to access the cloud-based services.
- The front end includes web servers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.), clients, and mobile devices.
- The back end is an important and huge part of the whole cloud computing architecture.
- It is used by the service provider to manages all the resources that are required to provide cloud computing services.
- Let’s understand the components of the back-end cloud architecture mentioned below.
Components of Cloud Computing Architecture
Client infrastructure, application, service, runtime cloud, storage, infrastructure, management and security all these are the components of cloud computing architecture.
Client infrastructure is a significant part of the frontend system that offers a graphical user interface (GUI) for seamless cloud communication.
It can either be a piece of software or a platform. The application delivers the outcome to the user along with the resources in the back end, depending on the client’s needs.
Based on the client’s needs, a cloud computing architecture service controls the type of service you can access. Cloud architecture computing provides three types of services, including: Understand the 3 major types of cloud service models.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): SaaS is also called cloud application services. SaaS apps typically run immediately via the web browser, eliminating the need for download and installation. Cisco WebEx, Google Apps, HubSpot, and Salesforce are a few examples of SaaS.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): It is also called Service for Cloud Platforms. It has much resemblance with SaaS. While PaaS offers a platform for seamless software development, SaaS allows you to access the software through the Internet without any hassle. OpenShift and Magento Commerce Cloud are two good examples.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): it is also referred to as cloud infrastructure services. It is in charge of overseeing the runtime, middleware, and data environments for applications. AWS EC2, Cisco Metapod, and Google Compute Engine are a few examples of IaaS.
Want to learn more about cloud computing deployment? Check this out: Introduction to Cloud Deployment Models.
Virtual machines can access a runtime and execution environment via the runtime cloud.
Storage is yet another crucial element of cloud computing architecture. It offers a sizable quantity of cloud storage space for managing and storing data.
Cloud architecture offers network-level, application-level, and host-level services. To support the concept of cloud computing architecture, cloud infrastructure comes with software and hardware elements, including storage, virtualization software network devices, and other storage resources.
This component oversees the management of backend components such as storage infrastructure, runtime clouds, storage applications, and other security-related issues. Also, it promotes coordination among them.
Security is a core component of a backend cloud architecture. It offers users secure access to cloud architecture, resources, information, and systems. Also, it leverages virtual firewalls to deploy security management services to the cloud server. This aids in data loss prevention.
A backend and frontend can interact and communicate with one another thanks to an internet connection, which serves as a mediator or bridge between them.
Now that you know the components of cloud architecture, you may want to learn about the types of cloud computing. Read this blog on 5 Main Types of Cloud Computing - Differences & Similarities to get all the information.
Benefits of Cloud Computing Architecture
Learn about the major characteristics of cloud computing. The cloud computing architecture is created in a way that:
- It lowers IT costs and provides easy access to data and digital tools.
- Businesses benefit from its adaptability characteristic, which offers them a competitive edge.
- Its services are updated automatically.
- It addresses latency issues and enhances data processing needs
- It makes it simple for organizations to ramp up and down their cloud resources.
- Better catastrophe recovery is achieved, and greater security is offered.
- It supports distant employment and group cooperation.
5 Best Practices for Cloud Architecture
Companies can make sure they get actual business benefits from their cloud resources and secure their IT ecosystem by adhering to the best practices and guidelines of cloud architecture.
- Up-front Planning: Make sure capacity requirements are considered while creating cloud infrastructure. To prevent unanticipated production hiccups as businesses, start to develop their architecture, they should regularly evaluate performance.
- Protection: Stringent controls, patch management, and data encryption can all be used to protect all tiers of cloud infrastructure from unauthorized users and hackers. For the most secure hybrid, multi-cloud organization, consider the zero-trust security methods.
- Disaster Recovery: Automate recovery procedures to reduce costly downtime and guarantee prompt recovery from service interruptions. Other ways to guarantee a highly available cloud architecture include capacity monitoring and using a redundant network.
- Increase Efficiency: Use and manage the appropriate computing resources by continually assessing business requirements and technological requirements.
- Reduce costs: It does so by utilizing managed service providers, automated processes, and utilization tracking to eliminate pointless cloud computing charges.
In this blog, we learned what cloud computing architecture is, its benefits, and components of cloud computing architecture. The cloud computing architecture provides a setting where business organizations can safely and securely develop apps while deploying cloud services in accordance with the client’s needs. This concludes our in-depth explanation of cloud architecture and cloud computing services.
But how can we – Hero Vired – assist you in light of the current situation? For starters, you can enroll in our cloud engineering course, designed for beginners and professionals like cloud architects. It is specifically designed to aid you in mastering cloud architecture methodologies and approaches.